!function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s) {if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function(){n.callMethod? n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments)}; if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version='2.0'; n.queue=[];t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window, document,'script', 'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js'); fbq('init', '427936894286569'); fbq('track', 'PageView');

Can I change from the Rural Pathway to the General Pathway?

Transfers between pathways are possible, but only in certain circumstances.

Transfers are considered if:

  • you have an identified career and/or education and training requirement (excluding your extended skills, advanced specialised training and/or advanced rural skills terms) and all options to undertake training in an area in need of doctors in your training region have been exhausted
  • you or an immediate family member have extenuating and unforeseen changes to your personal circumstances
  • you or an immediate family member have an unforeseen medical condition that cannot be adequately or safely managed in the location where you are based.

Any request for transfer between pathways must by supported by your regional training organisation, supported by the appropriate documentation, and pursued in accordance with the AGPT transfer policy.

Visit AGPT for more information. 

You may also be interested in: